Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Going Barefoot

I've always been a fan of flip flops and sandals but when I started running I began to wear really clunky and cushioned running shoes which led to wearing super supportive work shoes and feet that would ache at the end of the day. After spending much of April, May and June wearing flip flops and sandals again I decided to keep up the nearly barefoot life and ordered some Merrell shoes and I am loving them! Earlier this month I went all in and got my first pair of Vibram Five Fingers shoes!

I am loving it so far although my legs definitely get tired quicker. My students do comment on my Five Fingers but mostly in a "hey, those are cool" way. I like it so much that I donated many of my old shoes. I did keep a newer pair of sneakers and my higher quality dress shoes. I'm on the hunt for some cold weather dress shoes that are minimalist for winter but I'm not in much of a hurry!

These are my soft star shoes, Caroline has a pair of their moccasins.

No comments:

Post a Comment