Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

A Whole New Year



One of the great things about being an academic is the opportunity to begin anew each semester and particularly each new school year. August brings with it stress over the changes of the curriculum and uncertainties about the students but there is also a sense of excitement that fills a college campus. After four sleepy months the buildings and grounds come alive again with eager faces. I'm looking forward to a fresh start, a routine, and mostly just seeing some of my favorite young people back on campus.

For our family this will be my first full year working and being a mom as I was blessed to get to work part time last fall. We have our childcare arrangements in place but I'm still a little anxious about the nap schedule and just daycare in general. I'm anxious about some new teaching strategies that I'll be using and how that's going to work out. 

More than anything though I am ready for this new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment