Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Why I'm not Running

On our recent trip to California I had a moment while driving in our old neighborhood where I realized that I wanted to run. I wanted to run in my old neighborhood, up and down the hills, on safe sidewalks, on trails just out my front door. I don't want to run the same boring 2 mile loop around my college campus in Texas. I think I've lost my desire to run not because I don't want to run but because I haven't been inspired to run. Running in Texas (at least my part of Texas) is a chore.

Running where we lived in California was an adventure, yes, sometimes it became monotonous but I had a running group and it was a social activity that I did on Saturdays. On Mondays I had a set route but I ran it with a good friend. In California running was a hobby. In Texas running is for exercise, not nearly as much fun!

I'm not sure what this means for my future running endeavors or if there will be any. I do know that I don't want to train and run a race in Texas. For now I'll walk and do my best to be healthy overall and maybe I'll be able to run/walk a race in a more scenic location next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment