Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

All my friends are in NYC...

Last week the majority of my sociology friends were living it up in New York City while I was home changing diapers and I was mostly not jealous!

So, what was in NYC? It was the American Sociological Association annual meeting. I've gone almost every year since I started grad school. I live going and presenting research and reconnecting with good friends, especially when its held somewhere with so much to do! 

As soon as I found out I was expecting I knew ASA was out this year as it wouldn't be practical to bring the baby and there was no way I was leaving her. At first I was disappointed as I got the emails with due dates for papers and then when I saw the program. But, you know what? I would much rather be home with Caroline. Sure, broadway musicals are fun and big NY bagels are right up my alley but New York will still be there next year and my baby's newborn days will be over before I know it. I'm working to heed all of the cliched advice, to enjoy it while it lasts and to be in the moment! I'll never regret choosing to spend this time with my little girl.

Anyway, next year is Sa Francisco and that's way better than New York anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment