Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Saying Goodbye is Bittersweet

Today marks the last day that I will teach a class at Pepperdine.  I still have final exams to give next week but for the most part I'm all done with my job here and am just wrapping up the loose ends.  This week, as I secured some boxes to begin packing up my office I felt a twinge of sadness about the prospect of leaving.  There have been some rough moments in the 2 years that I have worked here but for the most part I have truly loved the experience.  I have learned so much in the last 3 semesters and I wouldn't trade my time here for anything.

Leaving isn't all sorrowful though, it also has a sweet side.  As I pack up and count down the three months until moving day I am also counting down the days until I begin my new career as Assistant Professor of Sociology at Abilene Christian University!  That's right, now visiting or adjunct in front of that title.  I'm very excited to be working with a great team and am looking forward to the variety of classes that I am going to be teaching.  It's going to be a great change!

No comments:

Post a Comment