Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Starting weight: 213
Last Week: 207.4
Today's weight: 205.4
Difference: -2.0
Total Change: -7.6

Woohoo! Two pounds down this week and I know exactly why. This past week I've stayed on track pretty well and have felt good about my eating and exercise. I did Tae Bo on Friday went running on Sunday, did Tae Bo on Monday and am going running with the hubby tonight when he gets home from work. Not too bad considering my previous few weeks. I've felt a lot less tired this week. In the past I've been mildly anemic and advised to take an iron supplement. I decided to test the theory that my recent fatigue has been caused by low iron levels. I went for a kids chewable with iron rather than the adult version because the adult version upsets my tummy a bit. Well, it's been 5 days and already I'm feeling less tired - it may be a placebo effect but I don't care because I'm actually able to wake up in the morning!

Anyway, things are going well and I'm feeling good. Today I went grocery shopping and decided to pay more attention to the quality of my calories. I've been reading about "performance nuttrition" for work and it emphasizes eating as naturally as possible. So, I needed to buy some butter - normally I just look at the calorie and fat content of the product but this time I looked at the actual ingredient list. I ended up choosing Land O Lakes whipped butter it has only 50 calories per tablespoon and has just 2 ingredients: pastuerized sweet cream and salt. Much better than the 15 ingredients that I couldn't pronounce on the margerine that I usually buy! Lesson learned - I'm going to try to keep it real from now on and treat this as a real lifestyle change.

Okay, that's it for today. Here's to another two pounds this coming week emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment