Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Last night I was searching through hulu.com extensive movie selection and decided to check out "Spirit of the Marathon" a documentary about people training for the 2005 Chicago marathon. It was awesome! I was so inspired by everyone's story and the time and training they put into it. I was cheering for them by the end and so upset when one got hurt and couldn't run with his wife. He stood on the sidelines holding posters and cheering. I highly recommend this to anyone who is interested in running or thinking about running. It was so great that I actually got up and ran 2 miles this morning. It's a start!

A year and a half ago I ran a half marathon, since then I have struggled to keep up with any regular fitness regimen and have put on quite a bit of weight (30 pounds) and now I want to go back to running but I'm starting completely over, I can't even do a 5k without walking. It is incredible how quickly we lose our athleticism. So, anyway, I started and I'm going to keep going this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment