Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Yesterday was a great day. After writing my post about the half marathon and truly committing myself to a healthier lifestyle I felt really good. I ran into a little trouble in the afternoon when my computer froze while I was working on my dissertation. I began to panic and reach for the bag of Easter chocolate that I bought for my students but then I remembered my goals and I decided to figure out if I was really hungry or just stressed. I identified the feelings as stress and called my husband. Fortunately he works at the same school and ran up the hill to help. He couldn't fix the computer but fortunately I had saved everything only a few minutes before it froze. He did take all of the chocolate to his office for safekeeping :) I love him and am so thankful that he was close by and able to help. I still wanted something sweet when we got home but instead of eating the chocolate in the freezer I began cooking dinner (French toast). It was wonderful and filled me up. I stayed within my calories and it felt like a huge accomplishment.

Tonight will be challenging as the husband is working really late tonight but I know that I can do it. I will eat my lunch and snacks and go home and have a healthy dinner that is already prepared and just waiting to be heated up. Then, I'll relax by grading some papers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment