Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hi there! I'm back with an update. It's been a busy start to the semester which explains my silence this last week and a half.

Here are my weekly weigh-ins:
Starting weight: 212.6
Last week: 191.4
Today's (1/10) weight: 193.0
Weight lost: +1.6
Total Change: -19.6

Starting weight: 212.6
Last week: 193.0
Today's (1/17) weight: 189.4
Weight lost: -3.6
Total Change: -23.2

So, you can see that for the first week of January my weight went up. Basically I lost and then regained the same 2 pounds a couple of times. It didn't really bother me because it was TOM and I knew that I had followed the plan but was extremely bloated. I'm glad that I didn't get frustrated and revert back to old habits. Instead I kept chugging along and tracked everything I ate including the meals at Disneyland and all of the eating out that we did with my in-laws here. And you know what happened? I was rewarded with a nice 3.6 pound loss which put me under the 190 mark for the first time since I began going to weekly WW meetings. Now, I've been under 190 on my home scale for awhile but my clothes weigh about 2-4 pounds depending on what I wear, I try to wear the same thing so as not to mess with the accuracy of the measurements :)

All in all it was a good weigh in and more importantly I feel great. On Saturday I ran my first race of the year, a nice little 5k to get my year going. The next race on my schedule is a half marathon on March 26th. I decided that like weight loss I need some accountability to get me training. So, I joined a training group and now have a weekly schedule to follow and a group to run with for my long runs. This week I ran 4 miles on the tread mill yesterday and then today I did 4 miles outside. My pace was a lot slower today but I think most of that is due to the hills and headwinds that were added. I feel great and am looking forward to my 7 mile long run with the training group on Saturday morning. I really think this will be my best race yet!

I hope that you are all succeeding in the new year and enjoying life. I'll be back on Monday with another update from the scale :)

No comments:

Post a Comment