Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Monday, January 24, 2011

Oh, and my weekly weigh-in emoticon

Let's start with the numbers this week:
Starting weight: 212.6
Last week: 189.4
Today's (1/24) weight: 189.6
Weight lost: +0.2
Total Change: -23.0

This morning I also decided to take my measurements which apparently I hadn't done since May of 2009! I've lost 5 inches off my waist, 7 inches off my chest and 7 inches off of my hips! Now that's what I call progress.

You'll notice that my weight pretty much stayed the same this week and I think that's because of my long run on Saturday. I ended up using most of my extra activity points that I earned Saturday for lunch on Sunday so it should be interesting to see what my home scale says tomorrow.

Now for the really fun part of this post: The Awesomeness of a Great Running Club!

When I joined the running club I was a little nervous that I'd be the slowest runner out there or that I wouldn't be able to handle the distance. However, I stuck with it and got out there at 7am this Saturday for a 7 mile run. And it was good. I found a couple of ladies that run at a similar pace to me and I found out that I'm actually one of the more experienced runners since I'm working on my 4th half marathon. I can't believe I just said that! I'm training for my FOURTH half marathon! That's crazy.

Anyway, the first 2 miles of the run were uphill which kind of sucked until I realized that the last 2 miles would be downhill as a result. I like that! I did all 7 miles without walking and felt great at the end. My right hamstring was a little sore but I wasn't too worried. I came home stretched, iced and took some ibuprofen. I then proceeded to lay on the couch all day and catch up on my Hulu :)

This morning I was scheduled for a 3 mile run so the hubs and I headed out but going up the hill around mile 1 I felt a sharp stabbing pain in my right hammie. Uh-oh. The hubs walked back with me where I did 30 minutes of stretching and some more ibuprofen I was able to walk without pain. After my WW meeting I headed back to the running store because I suspected it was time for some new shoes. Yep, it was time. Hopefully the new shoes and a day of rest tomorrow will get my training back on track.

This week I'm going to stick with my training and tracking my food and hope to see a loss next week. I'd love to get my 25 pound key chain charm this month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment