Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Let's start with the numbers this week:
Starting weight: 212.6
Last week (1/24): 189.6
Today's (2/7) weight: 190.2
Weight lost: +0.6
Total Change: -22.4

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks but last week (1/31) I gained 3 pounds at my weekly weigh-in. This week I was back down but not as much as I would have liked. I'm a little frustrated by going up and down, up and down gaining and losing the same few pounds over and over again.

I'm going to try very hard to focus on staying within my points range this week. It's going to be very difficult since I'm sick and unable to run, I missed my 3 mile on Monday, a 5 mile yesterday and a 5 mile today. Saturday I'm scheduled for a 10 miler and I'm hoping that I'll at least be able to do 7 miles. We'll see how it goes. I'm feeling a little better today so I'm optimistic.

I think one of the problems that I'm having with this weight loss/gain cycle has to do with my training. I'm having a difficult time balancing my nutritional needs for training for the half marathon with my nutritional needs to lose weight. I need carbs to fuel my long runs but I need to create a calorie deficit to lose weight. It's very difficult. I'm hoping to get this straightened out before too long and I may put off the full marathon for a little while after the half so that I can focus on losing the weight and then ramping up my training. So, I'm thinking 4 short runs a week after the half at the end of March until I get to at least 170 and then start increasing the mileage and focusing on training.

We'll see how this plan works out. I'm hoping that it will do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment