Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Last year I wrote the following goals:

1. Finish and defend my dissertation so that everyone will have to call me Dr. Suzie :) I'll update you all on this as soon as I have a defense date set, trust me, I won't be able to keep it to myself.
2. Lose between 60 and 70 pounds through counting calories, increased activity and reducing stress (see #1). I'll keep weighing in weekly and will join another mini challenge to help me out - I've really enjoyed the 8 week holiday challenge.
3. Run at least 3 races. So far I'm signed up for the Chesebro Half Marathon on March 27, I'd also like to do two more but I'm not sure when and where those will be yet.
4. Pay off credit cards and start saving! This is reasonable since my new job pays double what my old job did. I'm looking forward to a trip to Europe in 2011 with my bestest friend so that's going to be my saving goal (aside from the important emergency fund).

Here's how I did. Concerning #1 I am now Dr. Suzie! I defended my dissertation on October 22nd and have deposited and should have my degree in the mail tomorrow!

My second goal was to lose between 60 and 70 pounds. Well, I lost 21 pounds. I spent the first half of the year bouncing around the same 10 pounds and then finally got serious in September and have seen steady losses on the scale since then.

My third goal was to run at least 3 races which I definitely did. I actually ran 4 official races this year. I did the Chesebro Half in March, the Reyes Adobe Days 5k in September, the Long Beach Half in October and the 6 mile Turkey Trot in November!

My final goal was to pay off the credit card debt and start saving. This was one of the easiest since I got a much better job and even worked a second job this fall. We paid off the debt and have 3 months worth of expenses saved up. I'm hoping to keep increasing the savings account so that we can buy a house once we move to Texas!

Well, I'd say I did pretty darn good meeting my goals for 2010. Take a look at my previous post if you want to see what I'll be working on this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment