Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Monday, November 30, 2009

8 week challenge
Start Weight: 209
Last Week: 206.6
Today's Weight: 205.0
Difference: -1.6
Total Change: -4.0

Wow, I totally forgot to weigh in last week! I actually forgot to get on the scale last Monday until after I ate my breakfast and drank a bunch of water, so, the 206.6 is actually Tuesday's weight. I also didn't weigh myself at all from Tuesday until this morning. I was very pleased to see that I managed to lose a pound and a half over the holiday weekend!! Now, not all has been perfect in the last 2 weeks. If you'll recall, I was down at 204.8 before heading to Portland for the weekend. I'm not sure if the 1.8 pound gain that week was more from overeating or being seriously bloated, I felt seriously bloated! Either way, the important thing is that I went to Portland, drank the most amazingly rich hot chocolate in the world, baked 2 pies, 3 batches of cookies and 2 batches of Chex mix, hung out in Las Vegas for 4 days and still managed to only gain a measly 0.2 pounds during that time!! This is a breakthrough! I'm actually looking forward to Wednesday's weigh-in.

There is one other significant reason for my happiness this week - I have a new job!! I got a job as a visiting professor at the school that I already work at. I'm starting in January and the job continues until August 2011. The pay is so much better than what I make now, not as good as if it were a tenure track job, but still, it just about triples my take home pay each month. My husband is ecstatic, the stress of being the bread winner is gone and we are truly a two-income household again. I can't wait to get back in the class room and meet my students.

Okay, that's all for now, I'll try not to leave another 2 week gap in my blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment