Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Monday, January 18, 2010

Thanks for the comments on my morning post! It was very encouraging to see. I promised to report on how my run went so here it is. I set out with the goal to run at least 3 miles and walk some if I had to. When I left the apartment the rain had stopped and I was excited. I got about a quarter mile when it started raining again and the wind was blowing it right into my face. The funny thing was that I really enjoyed it. I tend to get really warm when I run and even when it's only 40 degrees I like capris and a short sleeved shirt. Today it was 55 so it felt nice to have the rain on my face. My hat did keep the wet hair off my face though and that was good. I made it to the one mile mark and faced my first hill, it's about a mile long and pretty darn steep but I made it! Then I was at the 2.5 mile mark and began thinking of ways to make the run longer. I got to the 3 mile mark and diverged from my planned route. In the end I ran 4.75 miles!!! which got me right to the end of my running mix of music. I think I probably could have gone further too but I ran out of road and didn't want to push it to far. It was a great experiment and so much more fun than running on the treadmill. It's too bad it doesn't rain more often down here :-) I could get used to this. Here is me after the run (don't mind the messy towels in the background):

No comments:

Post a Comment