Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Monday, January 18, 2010

This morning while reading through some blogs I came across this one from dailyspark.com: www.dailyspark.com/blog.
asp?post=why_the_scale_goe
s_up_when_you_start_a_new_
workout_plan


In my last post I ranted about how frustrating it was to see the scale go up when I'd been tracking my calories and had finally started exercising. Well, it turns out that my exercise is to blame! The article talks about how in order to recover from a work out (at least one that's new or very strenuous) your body retains fluid - up to 4 or 5 pounds. This makes a lot of sense especially when I consider that it's been just over a week since I began really running and the scale is beginning to go back down but not completely. I feel so relieved that I didn't give up and eat everything in sight! I came really close too.

Now, I just need to get myself psyched up for running in the rain. I've never run in the rain before, unless you count running to my car :) I need to run at least 3 miles today. Yesterday was a planned 4 miler but I chose the treadmill because of the rain and I only lasted through 2 miles. I hate the treadmill!

So, I'm off and I'll let you know how it goes! Tomorrow is weigh in day. My January 1st weigh in was 206.2 and that was 18 days ago. Ideally I would be under 200 but I know that's not going to happen so I'll take any loss the scale wants to throw me.

Happy MLK Jr. Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment