Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Monday, January 11, 2010

Stupid baby shower. Stupid me who thought I could handle making 50 cupcakes, 50 sugar cookies, decorate them all, help with decorations and then go and babysit afterwards. I set myself up for disaster. I spent more time at Joann fabrics and Michael's than I'd like to remember. It was just crazy, after Thursday it did not get better. I gained back all of the weight I'd lost in the first part of the week. Today I'm drinking tons of water because I didn't actually go over my calories this weekend, except Saturday. I think I just have stress and salt and soda to blame. So, hopefully I can undo some of the damage for tomorrow's weigh in.

On a positive note, at the actual shower I ate only fruit and veggies and drank water :) I wasn't even tempted by the blasted cupcakes and cookies since I'd "tested" them on Saturday. This morning I managed to wake up at 6am to go running in the dark. For all of you K-12 teachers out there, how on earth do you do it? I don't really consider myself a night owl but I am not a morning person. I guess I have to get used to it now. I teach at 8 am on Tuesday and Friday so I will be waking up at 6 am everyday from here until May 1st. On M, W, and TH I am running and then T, F, teaching and Sunday is church. That really only leaves Saturday to sleep in and I'm sure that won't happen too often as my biological clock adjusts. I guess I just need to go to bed earlier.

I can't believe it but they are already asking me about class preferences for Fall of next year, man, they really like to get ahead! Looks like I'll get to teach stats and maybe Crime and Delinquency again or maybe Sociology of Religion, not really sure yet. I'll be talking with the professor making the schedule in about an hour.

Okay, I should get back to prepping my lecture for tomorrow and Friday. I also have to finish my book review that was due last week. I better get to it, I need the money from it to buy our couch so that we can stop sitting on camping chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment