Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Monday, April 05, 2010

What an amazing weekend! Easter has to be my very favorite holiday of the year. It just seems so much more relaxed and it has such great importance in my faith. Easter also seems to be one of the less stressful and less food focused holidays in my family. It's also one of the few holidays where I feel no pressure to be with family or to make plans.

Let me tell you about my weekend, beginning with Saturday. I got to sleep in Saturday and it felt great! The allergy medicine that I've been taking makes me a little drowsy and so I really needed some extra zzz's. After a leisurely breakfast the hubs and I headed over to our friends new house to help them clean and prep for painting. I worked inside washing the walls and taping for paint. My husband spent his day outside pulling weeds, and there were plenty! The house had been empty for about 5 months which means there was a lot of disrepair. It's a great house though and I'm very happy for them! They got a great deal and a great house with a huge backyard. We had a ton of fun helping them out and it was a pretty descent work out. I ate both lunch and dinner out but managed to stay within my calorie range, sadly I way overdid it on salt. Oh well, I did the best I could given the circumstances.

Then came Sunday! Ah, wonderful resurrection Sunday. We went to church early to greet people and then spent the second service playing with babies in the nursery. It was a good start to the day. It was 1pm by the time we left the church building. We decided to go to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I ate about half of my meal and no dessert and felt pretty good about my choices. We came home for a bit before heading to our friends for dinner. I was still pretty stuffed from lunch so I just had a very small piece of ham and some veggies. I only went over by about 500 calories yesterday which felt pretty good. I did have a lot of salt and not nearly enough water yesterday.

Today's weigh-in was pretty darn good too.

Starting weight: 209.6
Today's weight: 206.0
Weight lost: -3.6

I was down to 204.0 on Friday but with my sodium heavy weekend it popped up, should be interesting to see what the scale says tomorrow. More importantly though I feel great and haven't had too many crazy cravings and no binges. I call that a huge success!

No comments:

Post a Comment