Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ack! Somehow the month of September just snuck by and I didn't even notice. I can't believe that I haven't posted a blog entry in over a month. That is very unlike me. I guess I should get started with a recap of what's been going on.

First, I started the new job and I love it. I work about 25 hours a week and come and go as I please. My office is very quiet without any interruptions during the day. I sit and do data entry and send out mailings. It's pretty chill and my boss has been very supportive of my dissertation writing which is awesome. One of my "to do" items for work is to read and summarize a book about performance nutrition so that we can include it in the student handbook for the cross country and track teams. I'm hoping to get some good information from the book.

Second, the dissertation. Well, it's going and, surprisingly, it's going well. I spent a week in Indiana working on it and met with my major professor and he had some good feedback for me. I think this next round of revisions may be the last that I need for chapters one and two. My goal is to defend by December 1st so that I can graduate and apply for...

Third, a job as a visiting professor of sociology!!! The job is for 3 semesters and I would get to teach for real! I'm putting in my application materials tomorrow and praying that they'll choose me to fill the position. It would start in January and it would be awesome to have the extra income and security even if the job is only temporary. I miss being in the classroom and hope to be back there soon.

Fourth, my weight is holding steady around 207 right now. Not much change in the last month. I'm thankful that I've been able to maintain without really thinking about it but I'm ready to get back to work and keep tracking and checking in weekly on my progress. I've got my husband on my side and he is wanting to lose about 15 pounds and run a 5k so it will be nice to have his support. I've made my meal plan for the week and stocked up last night at the grocery store. We should be good to go! I'll let you know next week how my progress is going.

Okay, I think that's all for now. I'm going to finish my lunch and get some more students entered into the database and then head to the eye doctor for some new contacts. I've been wearing glasses for the last 2 months and can't wait for contacts again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment