Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So, this week, as you know if you read this blog at all, I've been going through a stressful time. However, I've also been taking great care to follow my calorie guidelines. I even adjusted my calorie intake after figuring out that I'm not going to be exercising as much as I'd like. So, my BMR, or calories that I need to eat to maintain 213 pounds is 2200, using simple math, in order to lose 1 pound per week I would need to eat 1700 calories per day (not counting any exercise) and 1200 calories a day to lose 2 pounds. Here are my calorie and weight charts for the week. I average 1600 calories per day and lost 1.2 pounds. Funny how that happens. It appears that simple math actually works. Taking in fewer calories than you expend makes you lose weight. Now, in previous blog entries I was frustrated by not losing weight but when I look at those weeks and my averages I was averaging about 2000 calories a day because my bad days were really bad and my good days were okay. So, it's no wonder I was stuck. Now that that mystery is solved I can just keep it up and report back to you all each week and hopefully see the same type of progress.



I'm super happy with losing 1.2 pounds and feel like things are finally clicking as Charlie Hills, author of www.backtothefridge.com says "the switch has been flipped" and I'm now in weight loss mode!

No comments:

Post a Comment