Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yep, I'm feeling like Eeyore right about now. I was super excited yesterday when I finished up the last pages of my dissertation draft and then this morning I started looking through the comments from my Chair on chapters 1-3. Boy did that take all of the helium out of my balloon emoticon

Here is a sample of comments sprinkled throughout the pages:
This page is weak; try again
This is all subjective
EXPAND!!
Text is often sketchy
Have you thought about hiring an editor?

Really, those are real comments - and I haven't even gone through chapter 2 which I know is the worst.

There is one positive thought in all of this, if I can figure out how to fix all of these problems I will not need anymore revisions. I'm trying to focus on this bit and take it as constructive criticism because obviously the Chair being nice to me for the last 2 years has gotten me finished. I'm also glad that I'm at my husbands office and brought a fixed amount of food with me because my first instinct was to go to the closest Jack in the Box and order: sourdough Jack, curly fries, eggrolls, maybe some tacos and a milkshake. Instead I ate Trader Joe's enchiladas (260 cals) cherries and a diet coke. I'm so thankful I wasn't alone when I read all of this!!

So, that's what's happening here. I'm trying very hard to be positive and remember that the Chair doesn't hate me, he wants me to finish, he wants me to do well and I'm reading way more criticism and negativity into the comments than were intended. I've already had a good cry about it so hopefully it's out of my system and I can work through it and be done with it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment