Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday, May 25, 2009

Dissertation Procrastination

Yep, just like the title suggests, I'm writing this in order to avoid writing the discussion and suggestions for future research parts of my dissertation. My husband imposed deadline for writing these pages is 7pm - it is now 5:22pm.

Anyway, I actually have something important to write about. This week I've been doing really well with my diet but then I realized that I haven't done one minute of cardio or strength training and so I wasn't sure if my calorie range was right. It wasn't, it was based on burning around 2000 calories a week in exercise. So, I decided to calculate my BMR and my "maintenance" calories. I found out that to maintain my weight of 213 I should eat about 2200 calories. Fortunately I've averaged about 1700 this week so I should still come out with a loss but it won't be as much as I'd like it to be. Anyway, I lowered my calorie burn goal to 1200 since I'm going to be so busy this week with dissertation work I don't think I'll get to the gym so I need to focus on eating healthy. We'll see how that works :)

On another positive note, I went to a picnic today and here is what I ate: 1 cheeseburger, 1 serving of chex mix, 1 cookie and lots of fruit and veggies. I'm pretty darn proud of that. I avoided the dessert and pasta salad by focusing on conversation and not wanting to have my mouth full while talking to everyone. It was great because there were lots of people that I'd never met and so I got to know a lot of new people and I didn't overeat. We also kept our timeline and only stayed 2 hours so that I would have plenty of time to work on my dissertation. So, now that I've written this and gotten it out of my system I will close out the internet and maximize my Word document and get the darn thing done!

emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment