Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm still here! I've been short on time and every time I've gone to write I've realized there is something I have to get done. Anyway, I'm writing now and it feels good. Let's see, I'll begin where I left off last week. On Wednesday I was horrified to weigh in at 208, that's up 4.2 pounds from my previous weigh in and 5.2 pounds from Thursday! How on Earth does this happen? Well, you eat crap, don't drink enough water, puff up like a balloon. You know, the usual PMS syndrome without any regard to your health. I felt horrible. Then I picked myself up and started over. I was nervous because we went to Vegas for the weekend for a friends wedding and I ate a lot and drank more than normal but surprisingly I came back and was down to 207.4 so I was pretty darn pleased!

Vegas is not a healthy lifestyle haven. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and maybe if I just sat and played Blackjack all day I wouldn't be so tempted to eat but there are so many fabulous restaurants and they all want to give you a coupon. Amazing. On a positive note we did walk a lot in Vegas. The strip is deceptively long and nothing is ever as close as it seems. We also went to Valley of Fire State Park parks.nv.gov/vf.htm it was 110 degrees and we decided to walk around a bit, I thought I might die! I can't believe anyone lives here let alone my 80 year-old grandparents! Crazy. Anyway, it was gorgeous and very educational.

So, we get back from the Vegas trip and my husband decides that he's tired of slowly putting on weight. He tends to snack at night either before I get home or after I go to bed, I'm feeding him healthy food but he's tacking on another 700 calories when I'm not looking! Anyway, he decided that he needs to start doing a little exercise so, we decide to do it together and wake up at 7:30 and take a 30 minute walk before work. I'm not sure how this will work once he has to get to work early when school starts but for now I'm 3/4 and he's 4/4. I'm having major cramps so I sent him off on his own this morning. Aside from walking everyday, he decided it was important to lay off the nonwater drinks. He made a bet with me. Whoever can go the longest without drinking anything but water wins. I'm pretty sure that I've got this in the bag but we'll see. If I win he accompanies me to Disneyland for the day, if he wins we go see ACDC together. I really hope I win. So, we've been guzzling water for 4 days and I'm down nearly 3 pounds of water weight. We'll see what the Wednesday weigh-in holds. I'm still hopeful that I can make 199 before I go to SF in August. I'd like to fit into my cute suit for the conference :)

That's all I've got right now, I'm going to take some pain killers and try to get moving. We have a Dodger game to go to tonight so I need to feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment