Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday, June 08, 2009

Wow, what a weekend! It started on Friday when my friend Jamie was here for work. We went to brunch at a great restaurant in Santa Monica where I was proud to not be eating the entire meal :) and then we went for a walk on the pier and down 3rd street. It was great, we probably strolled around for a good 2 hours or so. I was really glad to see her and can't wait for her to come back, maybe for more than a day this time.

Friday night my husband took me to see "A Prairie Home Companion" if you aren't familiar with them check out their website:
prairiehome.publicradio.
org/

Anyway, they were performing at the Greek theatre in LA and so we got tickets and had a great time. We got their early and wandered around, next time we'll take a picnic dinner because there were picnic tables and a nice grassy area. The show was amazing! k.d. lang performed along with Sheryl Crow and Martin Sheen. So much talent! It was great and our sits were pretty good. Even traffic was favorable! It was an awesome day.

On Saturday I got up and started making cookies for a baby shower on Sunday. I got on Facebook and posted that I had been in Santa Monica on Friday and a friend from high school said he was in town and wondered if I wanted to get together for lunch. So, I headed back to Santa Monica for lunch - almost running out of gas on the way. We had a great lunch and then walked along the beach for about an hour or so, we were joined by another high school friend. It was really bizarre, I hadn't seen these guys in years and it brought back a lot of high school insecurity. It sort of reminded me that I really love the life I live now and I have no desire to go back to my youth. I did feel really self-conscious about my weight and how much food I ate but overall it was fun and I'm glad that I took the time to go down there. When I got home I got back to baking! I made 4 dozen sugar cookies in the shapes of boots, stars and cowboy hats and then I decorated them all - it took forever!! I also made lemon bars. I ended up eating some dough and frosting and having a huge sugar crash by the end of the evening. I just felt sick to my stomach - it was pretty darn miserable.

On Sunday morning we went to church and then I went to the baby shower to help set up. I was with a friend and we went to Jack in the Box for lunch on the way and I was pretty embarrassed to eat my entire meal but I got the small size and was super hungry. I think I was embarrassed because she is very weight conscious (she lost 100 pounds, although I didn't know her when she was heavy) and she knows I want to lose weight. I almost felt like she was judging me and thinking "you'd lose weight a lot faster if you stopped eating sourdough jacks and curly fries." I'm sure she wasn't thinking that but it's what I was thinking! At the shower we had a lot of fun, there were about 45 women there and it was great. Everyone loved the cookies and I ate mostly fruit and veggies with a little cake. I stayed away from the sugary drinks but I also didn't drink enough water. They only had sweet tea and lemonade set out to drink and I hate sweet tea, even with splenda! So, I was pretty dehydrated, exhausted and my feet were killing me. I need some cute sandals that are more comfortable and have a little arch support.

After the shower I went to my friends for dinner and we had tacos while watching the NBA game. The tacos were tasty and I didn't eat too much but I was just feeling miserable. All I really wanted to do was go home and go to bed. So, then we did.

That was my weekend. Now I'm up a pound and trying to drink a lot of water today to make up for not drinking any yesterday. I'm really hoping to be at 206.something by Wednesday and so I need to focus on eating well and being active this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment