Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday, April 27, 2009

So, I did really well last week and was having a great day (eating wise) on Saturday until I got to my friends party. They had found out the sex of their baby and so they wanted to have a party to let us all know. Well, it's a girl and so they had breakfast for dinner. For some reason it just wasn't that satisfying and I kept going back for more until I had consumed several thousand calories! On the good side I had a lot of fun and I got a lot of exercise in on Saturday walking to the park and playing frisbee with my husband and then flying kites with my nephews and dad.

Sunday after church the In-N-Out Burger truck came and served free cheeseburgers and chips. There was other potluck fare as well but I didn't go near those tables and so I felt like I had done well considering the event and then I got home and again had the munchies all evening. Again, I did get some exercise in. We went to the pool and swam for awhile and I did some laps so that made me feel good about the day, and I had fun which is the most important thing.

This morning I'm starting with chores and work and then plan to swim or bike this afternoon depending on the weather. My knee is really bothering me and I looked up some stuff at runnersworld.com and it looks like I need to ice, stretch and take a break from running for a few weeks while I heal. I'll be biking, swimming and working to strengthen the muscles that support my knee this week and hopefully it will be good as new soon. I'm sure that the added weight is not helping my knee out at all, when I ran the half marathon last year I was 30 pounds lighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment