Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

After going to the office for 4 hours on Saturday I promptly went for a 10 mile walk with my friend Michelle! Crazy, I know, but it felt great. More importantly, I finished the 10 miles and didn't have any blisters on my feet and my knees felt great!! That's always a good feeling. I also kept my food in check during and after the walk.

On Sunday I did well with my calories but overall I did not have a good day. My very dear friend called me to tell me that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer that has spread to her bones already. I was in a state of shock and when I got off the phone with her I cried and then just laid on my bed curled up in a blanket and watched Hulu all day. My husband finally got me out of the bed and convinced me to play cards and eat some dinner. I just feel terrible for her and I don't know what to do to help. I'm going to ask my sister what I should say and do, I think she might be able to help.

On Monday I worked for 8 hours and got my CV updated for the new job that I'm applying for. After work the husband and I ate dinner at Costco because we are really pinching pennies and didn't have time to go home. After dinner we picked up a friend and went to the hospital to say hello to baby Audrey. She was born on Monday morning at 2:30 am and I got to see her at 6:15pm that same day. She is beautiful and I'm so excited to watch her parents grow in their love for her. Simply amazing!

Today I finished my cover letter and am still at work doing some tedious data entry. As you can see my emotions are on a roller coaster right now, I am so sad for Rachel but so incredibly happy for baby Audrey. It's crazy feeling so mixed up right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment