Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Life in the real world...

Ahh, I'm just another working stiff. I go sit in a small office where the temperature is either too hot or too cold and type away at my computer all day and then come home to a house that needs to be cleaned and laundry that needs to be done. I already miss the days when I got to stay home and take care of the house and my husband, ah, the good 'ol days!

My job isn't bad, I like my boss and I don't really interact with too many coworkers so theres not a lot to complain about. I just miss my free time and time to cook dinner for my hubbie. It's going to take some getting used to. Fortunately I have a very flexible schedule and good friends to have lunch with.

Unfortunately, I am barely making progress on my dissertation! I got a call from JD asking how I was doing and sadly, I'm avoiding him because, well, I'm not getting anything done. Today was the first time I even touched my dissertation in the last 2 months. Pathetic, I must get it done before we send out the happy Christmas card with me smiling and wearing my cap and gown :) Anyway, I am on it and no longer going to procrastinate. I'm even going out to Indiana in 10 days to get some work done and enjoy time in the academic setting again. It should do me some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment