Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

My feet might fall off!

Today was a very busy day which followed a very busy weekend! This morning I got up and did my Tae Bo video, the original, super-cheesy version with Billy Blanks in a tight electric blue unitard :) It was challenging but it felt really good to start the day out with exercise. I'm planning to do it again tomorrow morning.

After my workout I got ready for my friend Hilary's wedding shower. This is what had me so busy this weekend. I headed over to the shower at 10:30 and was amazed at how beautiful everything looked! We went with a fall theme and it was fabulous. I made cookies and cupcakes and we had tons of photos of the bride and groom both as kids and then current pictures of them. Hilary loved it and she got a ton of awesome stuff for their new apartment. In about a month she's going to move closer to her new job and it makes me a little sad, I'm going to miss having her so close by. It's been great having a friend around here who just finished grad school, struggled to find a job in her field, is my age, is totally awesome!! Anyway, I know that we'll see them even when they move but it made me think about my friendships here in California and how quickly I've developed close and meaningful relationships.

After the shower and clean-up I came home and cleaned my house! I cleaned the kitchen, entry and bathroom floors and then cleaned the entire bathroom (except the tub, hubby will take care of that tomorrow). It feels good to have a clean house but I can definitely feel that I've been on my feet all day.

Tomorrow I'm off to work, not sure what I'm going to do yet but, I'll find something to keep me busy. In my first two weeks of work I posted 45 hours. At $13 an hour that's $585 before taxes. So, I hope to see about $450 on my paycheck, who knows, maybe it will be more :)

I need to get a solid 40 hours this week since next week I'll be off in Indiana visiting Emma and Melissa and working on my dissertation. I'm guessing that my back is going to be very sore by the end of the week.

Well, that's all for now, hopefully the week will go smoothly and I'll get some rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment