Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

The end of Summer :(

Summer is officially over in the Macaluso houshold :( College soccer began with a vengeance on Sunday the 22nd with a Pepperdine victory over Marquette. Now, I start my new job at Pepperdine and weekends with my husband are over (unless you count sitting together at the soccer games). It's been a great Summer and I am truly blessed by all of the exciting adventures that I had. Let's recap:
  • Participated in Cascade College's final graduation ceremony (as faculty)
  • Went to Indiana for graduation from the PhD program (although, not officially finished)
  • Helped to plan 3 baby showers!
  • Visited Disneyland 3 times
  • Visited grandparents in Overton
  • Visited Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada
  • Participated in wedding festivities of Mark and Jody Leddy in Las Vegas
  • Visited San Francisco and saw: Alcatraz, Muir woods, Sonoma, Giants game, etc.
  • Went to 2 Dodgers game and saw them win both times
  • Watched my nephew play soccer
  • Went to the beach numerous times
  • Celebrated my first wedding anniversary
  • Saw "A Prairie Home Companion" live at the Greek Theater
  • Hiked Sycamore Canyon
That's all I can think of off the top of my head, wow, I did a lot this Summer! I'll call it a success :) I'm so thankful to have had a good job this Summer that was fun and gave me time to do other things. However, I'm ready to move on to the next phase. My plans for this fall involve finishing and defending my dissertation, traveling to Portland, Indiana and Redding for various festivities and more Disneyland! I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment