Wednesday, August 26, 2009

ASA in San Francisco - Part 2

After the Reds beat the Giants 5 to 2 on Sunday afternoon my family and I met up with Melissa at Pier 39 for dinner. We ate chowder in a bread bowl and then bought taffy and the candy store. I even managed to save most of the taffy to bring home to Chris :) Here is a picture of me and Melissa at the pier:After dinner Melissa and I caught a bus back to the hotel and ate sundaes at Mel's diner and then hung out in our room.

On Monday morning I got up early to head over to the Sir Francis Drake Hotel to catch the shuttle for my Muir Woods and Sonoma tour with Rachel and Scott. We started at Muir Woods

The redwoods were awesome and we had an awesome driver who got us to the park before all of the big buses (we were in a van). We had about an hour there and then we loaded back up to head to our first winery - Cline Family Vineyard. We got to the Vineyard and had a taste, I didn't particularly care for any of their wine, they were too complex. I like sweet white wines and these were all dry and sophisticated. I am not a sophisticated wine drinker :) After the wine tasting we headed into Sonoma for lunch where we got to taste cheese and eat Gelato. Then we headed to the next stop and I can't remember for the life of me what it was. It wasn't actually at the vineyard, it was just a wine tasting store and I didn't like any wines that they were offering. Oh well, it's not like I wanted to call them up and order some wine.

Our last stop was at the Jacuzzi Family Vineyard. Here they make Italian style wines and I actually enjoyed the Moscato and a pinot grigio. They were tasty. This vineyard was beautiful and would be a great place for a wedding, too bad we already did that last summer :)

Anyway, then it was time to head back to the city, I had a plane to catch afterall! I got back and Melissa and I ate dinner and then headed to the airport. We almost made it on an earlier flight but it wasn't to be so we waited for a few hours for our delayed flight and finally made it home just in time to go to sleep so that we could wake up early for Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment