Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Giving Thanks Days 5-18

I've been keeping up on Instagram and Facebook but not so well here on the blog. I need to figure out how to share my Instagrams straight to the blog but until then here are the last two weeks worth of Thankful thoughts!

Giving thanks day 5. I am so thankful for my Mom! When I told her that I wanted to move to Indiana to get a PhD in Sociology she didn't even blink, she supported me 100%. I can only imagine how hard that was for her! Thanks Mom for always cheering me on!



Giving thanks day 6. I am so thankful for my Grandma and Grandpa Fournier. They taught me how to add by playing blackjack. I credit them for my great stats skills!



Giving thanks day 7. I am thankful for technology and the ability to FaceTime with Chris while Caroline and I are in Boston. He was able to sing her the special bath time song and everything!



Giving thanks day 8. Today I am thankful for the opportunity to travel and reconnect with old friends. Today we got a tour of Harvard's Divinity School from an ACU alum and I got to have "dinner" with some of my mentors and friends from Purdue.


Giving thanks day 9. I am thankful for my in laws. I am thankful that they love their sons and grand kids so very much!


Giving thanks day 10. After 3 nights in a hotel I am extra thankful for my home!


Giving thanks day 11. I am thankful for the privileges and freedom that come with living in the USA and I'm thankful for those who have served to protect that freedom.


Giving thanks day 12. I am thankful to work at ACU where I have made some amazing friends and have grown as a scholar and teacher!



 Giving thanks day 13. I am thankful for thoughtful friends! This is just one example of many times that I have been touched by the thoughtfulness of others. Thank you friends!



Giving thanks day 14. I am so thankful for both of these guys! My Dad has shown me that it's okay to mix hard work and responsibility with a free spirit and fun, he's also one of the most interesting people I know. It's so fun to see the look on peoples faces when I talk about my crazy dad! My stepdad Dave has never treated me like a "step" anything, just a daughter. He loves my mom so much and I am so thankful for him. I love them both so much and can't wait to introduce them to baby Caroline!


Giving thanks day 15. For quiet moments at night when it's just me and this sweet baby. I cherish these moments as she is growing up so fast!



Giving thanks day 16. I'm thankful for the lovely ladies of Zeta Rho and that I had the good sense to agree to be their adviser two years ago this month even though some people try to talk me out of it!


Giving thanks day 17. I am so thankful for my daughter's laugh which I got to hear for the first time today!


Giving thanks day 18. I'm thankful that I am killing it in my fantasy football league! The Karl Marx Bros. are 3 games up, now if I can just keep the team healthy through the playoffs. I'm also thankful to share an interest with my husband!          


No comments:

Post a Comment