Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

39 Weeks

This morning before church I snapped this picture of my belly at 39 weeks pregnant.

When I got to church this morning I got a fun reaction from a friend that I haven't seen in two weeks, she was stunned at how much more prominent my belly is. It may be the outfit or it is also entirely likely that this baby seriously just keeps on growing! It's fun to see people's reactions when they see that I'm still active and doing things even though my due date is quickly approaching. 

I'm definitely having more contractions and am more uncomfortable, especially trying to sleep. I can't roll over very well and my hips have really begun to hurt but I just keep reminding myself that she'll be here within the next 12 days and I will certainly survive! 

My husband has been great about spoiling me lately and never complains when I ask him to get me something or run an errand for me. He has been fixing dinner and keeping the house clean and even throwing a birthday party for me this evening. He feels bad for me that I'm so uncomfortable and I think he's trying to make up for it and doing a darn good job!

Tomorrow I go back to the Dr for my 39 week appointment and we'll see if any progress has been made, I'm hoping to be at least 3 cm since I was 2 last week and have had lots of contractions. I imagine we'll schedule an induction date for the first week of July as well just in case she decides not to come in June.

I am so thankful that so far things have been going smoothly and in the grand scheme of things this has been an "easy" pregnancy. I am blessed with amazing friends, family and a caring church community and I can't wait for all of them to meet our little Caroline Joanne!


No comments:

Post a Comment