Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Back From a Blogging Hiatus

I'm back! No, I'm not back as a part of a New Years Resolution but because I finally have some energy back! Here's the brief update on what's been going on.

In mid-July we took a trip to the East Coast to visit friends and some historical sites. We made it to Annapolis (and the Naval Academy), Baltimore for an Orioles game, Gettysburg, Penn State (The husbands alma mater), and DC for a great day of sight seeing and a Nationals game. It was quite the whirlwind but so worth it!

We were home for about 3 weeks before we hit up the West coast with a trip to San Fran and a Giants game, a visit with my parents in NorCal before heading to Denver for a Sociology conference and to get the Rockies checked off our list. It was another great trip but it wiped me out and by the time we got home it was time to get ready for the school year.

September was full of college football, teaching and organizing small group activities. In October we found out that we are having a baby! I am due around June 28th! Around the end of October I started suffering from morning sickness and am just now coming out of the fog.

At the end of October I took a trip to Portland to celebrate a food friend and her upcoming wedding.

In November my grandfather passed away which left quite a gap in our family, he is greatly missed but we are so glad that he is no longer suffering. Unfortunately I couldn't make it back to California for the funeral but I am thankful that we got to see him in August.

Also in November I took a student to present a paper in Phoenix, so much fun but a little crazy since we presented our research and then I flew to Seattle for a wedding. I was in Washington for about 16 hours and managed to lose my license while there which made getting home exciting!

We celebrated Thanksgiving at home just the two of us and I spent most of the time laying on the couch trying not to throw up. I also got to see my baby and hear its heart beat, it was simply amazing and made it feel so real!

I managed to finish up the semester only canceling one day of classes and then we headed to NorCal to visit my family for the holidays. Tomorrow we head down to SoCal to visit friends and more family. We will get back to Texas just in time for the new year.

Through all of the craziness my eating and running have been terrible. For the last 8 weeks meat has repulsed me and nothin has sounded good. Now that I'm starting to feel better we are planning to meal plan again and eat foods that will nourish the baby and me.

Obviously, I didn't run a marathon at 6 weeks pregnant but I am looking ahead to next year after the baby is born and what my running goals will be. I'm definitely putting a BOB jogging stroller on our registry. For now my plan is walking and swimming now that I'm feeling better.

So, that's what's been going on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment