Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

8 week challenge
Start Weight: 209
Last Weigh-in: 202.4
Today's Weight: 205.0
Difference: +2.6
Total Change: -4.0

Well, I went up in the four weeks around the holidays :( However, only gaining 2.6 pounds is a huge improvement over years past. In the 8 weeks around the holidays I managed to lose 4 pounds. That's huge and I'm darn proud of that. In the past I wouldn't even attempt to lose weight over the break, not this year. I showed 2009 who was boss :)

More importantly, the holidays didn't completely derail me. Since coming home on Jan. 1 I have tracked every bite of food and am proud to say that I've stayed within my calorie range each day. I've even gone out to eat twice and to a friends house once. It wasn't easy saying no to fries and a milkshake at Chik-fil-a today but I did and that's a win in my column.

Tonight I tried out a new Cooking Light recipe in a cookbook that my grandma gave me. It was a potato lasagna and it was pretty darn tasty. I didn't have the part-skim mozzarella that it called for so I used Mexican blend and it was darn tasty, basically layers of red potatoes, broccoli and cheese. The hubs and I decided that the only thing that might make it better is some bacon. Just maybe two sliced for the whole recipe would add an amazing amount of flavor without kicking up the calories too much. As it was it was only 234 for the serving and it filled me up pretty well but that's sort of low for dinner, hopefully we ate late enough that we won't get the munchies this evening.

Anyway, another great day. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow and then see where the scale is at next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment