Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Friday, November 13, 2009

Went to the Dr. today to get the results of Monday's biopsy and everything is fine. The nodule on my thyroid hasn't changed at all in the last 6 months. So, now I just have to decide if I want it out or if I'm just going to wait and see if it grows and then have it removed. I'm thinking that I'll have it removed in May so as not to disturb my holiday plans but not to put it off too long.

Okay, now for the rant...we went to Claim Jumper for lunch before the Dr's appointment. After we placed our order we found the little nutritional info booklet on the table. At first we found it funny but then I realized that it was just ridiculous. How on earth do you create a pasta dish for one person with over 3000 calories? It was absolutely outrageous. None of the salads were under 1000 calories unless you wanted a plain house salad. Both the husband and I ate only half of our meal which left me with 400 calories for dinner. Not bad but I wish I'd enjoyed it more for being so high in calories. I just feel like there is a reason that many Americans are obese and I'm so glad that more and more restaurants are either voluntarily or being forced to provide nutritional information. I think if more people knew how many calories are in restaurant food they would stay at home and save some money. Seriously, we could have saved 10 bucks and some calories by just going to Jack in the Box, how absurd is that?

Okay, that's all for now. I'm heading out for babysitting soon and am looking forward to playing with the little guy, just bummed that it's so dark out. No playing outside for us tonight :(

No comments:

Post a Comment