Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday, April 20, 2009

So, I just realized that I haven't written about the largest stressor in my life right now: The Dissertation. Yes, the dreaded dissertation. I know that it won't write itself. I know I'll feel better if I just work on it for an hour or two. But, I don't. Why? Am I really just lazy? I mean, I have the cap and gown ordered, I have the plane ticket for graduation but I just can't seem to get over this final hurdle.

My relationship with my dissertation is beginning to remind me of my relationship with my body and my weight. I want to do it, I can see the end result. I can see a happier, healthier person. I just can't seem to take the necessary step to make it happen. I know what to do, I've written papers (lost weight), but I just can't seem to complete the biggest paper of all (keep the weight off). Interesting metaphor. I need to get to the bottom of this and figure out what is keeping me from finishing these two major goals in my life.

I feel motivated, I want it, I can see it, I know all the steps to take. What is in my way? I'll get back to you once I figure that out. For now, I'm going to muscle through and start by revising one page - eating one healthy meal - walking 1 mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment