Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Worst Headache in the WORLD!!!

Okay, maybe it wasn't the worst headache in the world...I have heard about headaches lasting for years (see Pasta Queen) but last night I thought I'd rather die then have to live through the pain. It was the worst headache I have ever head and I would definitely classify it as a migraine as I became sensitive to light, noise, temperature, wanted to throw up and gauge my eyes out. I'm fairly certain that the headache was brought on by depriving myself of caffeine. I gave up caffeine several years ago due to my ulcer but when I'm feeling good it begins to sneak in. Over the last few weeks I've been drinking a little caffeine here and a little there thinking it wasn't a problem, I felt fine. Then, I realized I needed to get back to my no caffeine plan, so I drank decaf everything yesterday. I also went to the park and stood in the sun, argued with a screaming 3-year-old, endured Costco, Trader Joe's and Ralph's in a major shopping spree and ate some questionable eggs for dinner. This was the perfect storm for a migraine and it was terrible. Especially since I wasn't prepared. It began in Costco and I thought, I'll take an Advil and life will be good again. Well, I left my pill box full of magic at home!!! Argh. What to do, we had to get milk and food for the week so I decided to just tough it out until we got home. Walking out of Trader Joe's I gave up. I went to the car and made the husband do the final round and drive home. I'm so thankful he was with me! I got home and curled up into the fetal position and cried while trying not to throw up. It was miserable. The 4 ibuprofen finally began to take the edge off and I was able to fall asleep after a few hours and this morning I felt great! It's just another reminder of how terrible caffeine is for the human body. I'll be going caffeine free again to avoid another incident!

No comments:

Post a Comment