Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Let the packing commence!

Okay, so yesterday I promised to give you the full update on what's been going on around here. First, I have not made any significant progress on my dissertation. I've been crawling towards the finish line and not even crawling like a baby that really wants something but crawling just using my elbows to propel me forward. I feel like I'm never going to see the end of this darn thing! Each week my boss and I sit down to plot my hours for the next week and I keep saying "I might be defending that day" and the day keeps getting pushed forward. What happened to the drive and motivation I had a few weeks ago? Is it gone? Will I ever finish? Today, after lunch, I am heading back to Starbucks to get the revisions done. I want to get the monkey off my back and start making everyone call me Dr. Suzie!

Second, we are switching apartments in just 2 weeks!!! We have been approved for the one bedroom bond program so we are moving on June 28th. We really like the location of our new apartment and it will be a lot easier to move out of when we finally get a house. I imagine we will live there for two years or so and hopefully be able to save up for a house by then. We will be saving $500 a month on rent which makes me super happy. With the savings and the income from my job we should be debt free in about 6-7 months. We have also sold most of our big furniture so we have much less to move these days. It should be fairly painless :)

Third, my job is going well. I really enjoy working with the family and the time seems to go by quickly. Each week I am getting more and more hours which is really great. I am also working to line up another nanny job to start in September which will be fantastic.

Fourth, and most exciting, we went on a hike on Sunday and ran across 2 rattlesnakes on the trail. I got totally freaked out but the snakes didn't rattle, they just slithered off into the weeds. We definitely have to keep our eyes open whenever we are on the trail to prevent any tragedies. The hike itself was great, we were out for an hour and a half and there was a lot of uphill. My behind was a little sore on Monday.

I think that's all that's been going on, we are excited about the move and looking forward to all that is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment