Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Dissertation Revisions

It's Friday, I should be happy about that. The truth is that it doesn't really matter. One of the most frustrating things about being ABD (all but dissertation) is that there is no schedule. No rule that says you work from 8-5 with an hour lunch break from Monday-Friday. No, instead, you just keep working until it is done. This can be quite frustrating when everyone around you is looking forward to weekends and wants to know what your weekend plans are. It just doesn't seem right to be saying "continue working on my dissertation."

I'm tired, I want to be done but I'm having a particularly tough time with the current revisions. These revisions are asking me to write more and I don't know that I have any more scholarly words left in me. I e-mailed chapter one to the Prof and am working on chapter three. I've also been working on chapter four. I can't seem to just go in order. It seems odd. But, maybe this is what everyone goes through?

No comments:

Post a Comment