Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Take Your Daughter to a Work Day - Conference Edition!

Last week my daughter attended her third meeting of the Society for the Scientific Study of Social Problems. My daughter is 28 months old. Her first conference was at 4 months. She's been to other conferences as well, 5 more to be exact. So, how do I do it? What's my secret? Friends and colleagues who are willing to take her for a walk around the hotel while I give my presentation. Yep, it's that simple. One year my in laws met us at the conference and watched her so that I could conference. One year my husband came. Often it's a student who watches her and on this last trip she sat in the front row and watched Daniel Tiger on the iPad while I presented.

Being a working Mom isn't easy but I like to think that as she sees me working and doing my job that it will encourage her and help her to aspire to be anything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment