Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Moving to Texas: The Grand Canyon

When our story left off we were turning off of I-40 to head to the Grand Canyon. We got to the Grand Canyon entrance late and it was dark, no moon, no stars (cloudy) and no street lights. We finally managed to find our hotel, the Maswik Lodge, and got checked in. The room was gorgeous and perfect for a two day stay. It felt like a lodge but with all of the modern conveniences. We slept well that night and then the next day got up early to soak up as much of the park as we could in such a short amount of time. Here are some of the highlights from the day:














I was in love, the Grand Canyon is pretty amazing! I just can't believe how fortunate I am that I got to see and experience it. One day I'm going to hike from the South Rim to the North Rim. This trip we stayed above the rim, there were lots of signs warning people not to try to get to the river and back in one day. Lots of signs warning of dehydration and hyponutrimia and other such perils of hiking. It was pretty intense and we made sure to drink our water all day long. I think we managed to stop at all of the overlooks along this portion of the south rim but we didn't manage to get a good sunset. As you can see it was very cloudy while we were there and it didn't make for a nice sunrise or sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment