Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Keukenhof Tulips

Today we went out to Keukenhof to see what was left of the tulips. Our hope was that we would be able to catch them as they blanket the fields. Unfortunately, we missed the peak time to see them by a few weeks.  On a positive note Keukenhof isn't just a tulip farm, it's a big botanic garden with tulips, lillies, daffodils and hyacinth. It was beautiful and kept us busy for close to 5 hours.

There was a playground with a giant slide and so we decided to act like kids for a bit.  There was a large pond with swans that was like a dream with a little blue house surrounded by tulips!

I really wanted to bring some bulbs home to plant for next year but they were expensive and you had to ship them home.  I still want tulips in my garden so I'll have to see what I can find in the fall.

Suzie :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment